Wednesday 13 February 2013

 
Cemetery Girl by David Bell on amazon.co.uk

I finished Cemetery Girl by David Bell on 7th February.  I wasn't enjoying the book when I last blogged and I'm even more disappointed with the story now that I have reached the end (although can't deny being rather glad to be rid of it!).  It was a let down - I kept hoping the plot would improve and I would 'all of a sudden' find all the twists and turns I have read about in other reviews.  Alas, it was not to be.  I would not recommend this book and I will not being reading David Bell's second novel 'The Hiding Place' (unless someone convinces me otherwise and they have a loooooong difficult task ahead of them!).  Mr Bell should maybe have saved himself a lot of time by finishing the novel with 'and they all lived happily ever after - the end' (for those that haven't read the book I'm not saying this is how the books ends, just an example of an alternative ending...).  Harsh? yes.  Disappointed?  Very.  Avoid if you enjoy fast paced crime/thrillers as you may be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment